Monday, June 10, 2013

Bellatrix Countdown: Interview With Nikki Storm

To some, Nikki Storm is talented. To others, she's a livewire with skills in the ring and skills on the microphone. Make no mistake about it, this Scottish female wrestler can hang tough with the best of them. Recently, she holds the Pro Wrestling EVE Championship for a second time. The first time was marred with controversy when she lost to Emi Sakura. On June 23, she will face off against the Nordic Valkyrie, Miss Mina.

In her exclusive interview, Nikki will bring up her early background in wrestling as well as her opponent. With world domination in her sights, there's no telling when the Dynamite Queen will stop.

1. What got you interested in professional wrestling?

I started watching wrestling when I was really young and when I was 18, I joined the source wrestling school (Scottish wrestling alliance) In Glasgow and have been there ever since. I loved everything about pro wrestling: the characters, the athleticism....everything. I was hooked and I had found home.

2. What was your early year in wrestling like?

I worked hard, was training damn near every day in the wrestling ring. I valeted Britain's most wanted (Damian O'Conner and Scott Renwick) before making my wrestling debut in the Kelvin Hall in September 2008, 7 months after beginning training. That first year was hard on different levels but I knew from the get go, it felt right, it felt natural. I knew from my first training session that I had done the right thing.

3. You'll be making your Bellatrix debut against Miss Mina. Will you more than likely bring the battle to the Nordic Valkyrie?

Silly question to be honest. In EVERY single match you should bring the battle. June 23rd will be NO different.

4. What is your favorite feud in your career?

Nikki storm V Hanako Nakamori which took place in my tour of Japan this year.

5. What was your favorite match in your career? Nikki Storm V Alpha female. November 2012.

6. What is your take on women's wrestling?

I see it as wrestling. I don't make distinction between men and women. I don't know what I am. I transcend gender.

7. It looks like you're highly involved in TNA's Gut Check. What is it like to be on the list of talented athletes?

I think it's an honour for them to be on that list with me.... Only joking......not really :p

It's fun, it is what it is and we will see what happens.

8. Do you wish to wrestle for top US Women's Wrestling federations like SHIMMER, SHINE, or WSU (Women's Superstars Uncensored)?

I'm taking over the world so yes.

9. Let's go around with some name association. I say a name, you can respond to whatever you please.

Alpha Female? Eats wild animals.

10. Shanna? Spoiled. Tanned.

11. Rhia O'Reilly? Brilliant competitor. Guinness.

12. Paige? Incredibly Talented

13. Cheerleader Melissa? 1 day.

14. Emi Sakura? Kind heart and professional.

15. Saraya Knight? Tough and Feisty :-)

16. Who is your dream opponent and why? If I could wrestle myself, nikki storm v nikki storm.... I would.

17. What does the future hold for you?

Wrestling takes you on a crazy journey, a wild roller coaster and you have no idea when you are going to end up or where the next turn or loop will take you. The future is a blank canvas. And I love it.

18. In closing, would you like to leave a last message for your fans as well as Miss Mina?

Mina-For the love of God, do your homework and get ready. I'm not getting off this roller coaster any time soon and I won't settle for anything less than world domination.

Special thanks to the REIGNING Pro Wrestling EVE Champion Nikki Storm for her time for this interview as well as Saraya Knight for helping me out in the process. To keep up with Miss Nicola Storm, follow her on Twitter @NikkiStorm1.

You can follow me on Twitter @matthewhollie

No comments:

Post a Comment