Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Bellatrix Countdown: Interview with Bette Noir

Bette Noir brings a lot to the table in Bellatrix. Her skill set is second to none as she puts her talent to good use. Along with her fellow Scotswoman Viper, the duo will take on the talented duo of Violet O'Hara and Chanel on June 23.

This interview will include her early work as well as her favorite match and rivalry in her career. She will also describe a few names in wrestling as well.

1. How did you get involved in professional wrestling?

I had always been a fan as a kid. I had my routine down to a fine art: Friday night I'd watch Raw, Saturday Morning Smackdown and Sunday Morning I'd watch Heat but of course because at the time it was shown in America first, I would go on the net to find out the results. I was amazed by not just the ring work but the stories as well. Wrestling had everything for me.

When I finished University I was at a loss and a friend suggested I tried something new. I found a school near me and I never looked back.

2. What was your early years in wrestling like?

A steep learning curve. When I first started I didn't really realise just how much goes into wrestling. I spent so much time at training just listening to people and watching those more experienced than me to try and soak up how they did things but then later on learned to put my own twist onto it.
It isn't just about the basics of the ring work, there's so much more that goes into it and you simply can't prepare your body for the beating it's going to be taking while you train. I lived in a state of perpetual pain for the first 6 months of my training just from being stiff and sore. I still get stiff and sore, but if you love it and you really want to succeed then you know that it's all worth it.

3. You will make your Bellatrix debut teaming up with Viper against a talented duo in Bellatrix, Voilet O'Hara and Chanel. Is it going to be a tough match?

I wouldn't say it's going to be a tough match but It'll be interesting. Both Viper and myself are very similar. We use our size and strength as an advantage against whoever we get in the ring with. I've seen both Violet and Chanel and know what they can do, I'll admit I was impressed but I'm not sure they're ready for the likes of us.

4. What is your favorite feud in your career?

Ironically enough, my favorite feud was with Viper! I was at a point where I felt I still had a lot to prove and I really wanted to show people what I was made of. Viper and I went out and we really tore it up, I mean we really took each other to the next level and it did make people sit up and take notice.

5. What is your favorite match in your career?

It's a tie between Myself vs Viper at ICW Tramspotting. That was a particularly brutal match but one that I felt really showed everyone what I was made of and that I belonged where I had gotten to. The second is myself Vs Crazy Mary Dobson at ICW: Fierce Females "Luke...Who's Yer Da?" I loved that match because it had hardcore rules and that was the first time I had ever worked like that and we really pushed the envelope out.

6. What is your take on Women's Wrestling?

It's going through a real evolution at the moment and that is amazing. Some of the schools around the country are the reason for that because they have produced wrestlers like April Davids, Nikki Storm, Kay Lee Ray etc. At the moment a lot of the women are on shows and are having better matches than some of the men and that's outstanding! There is a place for women's wrestling in this country, no doubt, and right now there hasn't been a better time to get involved.

7. Do you watch the WWE product or the TNA product?

I do. I've always watched the WWE from a young age and although I don't always have time to watch it live on the night I'll still either record it for later or watch the highlights. Even if you're not particularly happy with the way the product is going, there is a reason these companies are the two biggest in the world and it's important to keep up with what is relevant because if you have aspirations of some day working for these guys then you need to know what they're going to be looking for at the time. It's like with any job, you have to do your research.

8. Do you wish to wrestle for top US Women's Wrestling federations like SHIMMER, SHINE OR WSU (Women's Superstars Uncensored)?

Absolutely, I would love to. They have such a fantastic pool of talent and I definitely strive to be included in that some day. 

9. Would you like to work on the independent scene or would you work in one of the big leagues?

I love the independent scene. You get to work with such a variety of people and talent and that can only help you improve as a wrestler. I don't think I've ever been to a show where I've come away having not learned or picked up some little tip or trick. Saying that, since I was a kid I've always wanted to work for one of the big companies and that dream hasn't changed.

10. Let's go around with name association. I say a name, you can respond whatever you please.

Violet O'Hara? - Quick thinking

11. Nikki Storm? - Talented but loud!

12. Chanel? - Crafty

13. Viper? - Dominant

14. Saraya Knight? - One of the most hard working women in wrestling today

15. Who is your dream opponent and why?

I would LOVE to wrestle Lisa Marie Varon (WWE's Victoria/TNA's Tara) because I think she has an amazing in-ring presence that makes you sit up and take notice of her no matter what she is doing. I'd also have loved to wrestle Lita since she is definitely an inspiration for getting in the ring.

16. What does the future hold for you?

I'm going to continue to work hard and evolve into the wrestler that I really want to be. Hopefully I'll be working overseas very soon.

17. In closing, would you like to leave a last message for your supporters?

I'd just like to say thank you to everyone that supports me and encourages me to keep going. It means so much to me and I hope I can continue to do everyone proud!

Special thanks to Bette Noir for her time for this interview as well as Saraya Knight for her help in the process. To keep up with Bette Noir, follow her on Twitter @BeteNoireSmash.

You can follow me on Twitter @matthewhollie

1 comment:

  1. "To keep up with Bette Noir, follow her on Twitter @BeteNoireSmash."

    HOW IS IT POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO SPELL HER NAME INCORRECTLY SO MANY TIMES? NOTICE HOW THERE IS ONLY ONE "T" IN HER TWITTER NAME?

    Fail.

    ReplyDelete